CURRENTADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT STAFF VACANCIES
Receptionist (part time)
We are currently seeking a receptionist to cover our front desk one day a week. The primary aims of the role are to ensure that registers are kept efficiently, that the building remains secure, and that all visitors to SAFE and phone callers are dealt with in a professional and timely manner.
The successful candidate will be reliable and well-presented. They will have a good telephone manner and interpersonal skills. They will be flexible and adaptable. Understanding of SEND would be an advantage.
Starting Salary – £16,608 pro rata (term time only, 8 hours per week)
Holiday entitlement – 6 weeks paid holiday (pro rata and exclusive of bank holidays) – holidays must be taken outside term time.
The main responsibilities of the role are detailed below, however the post holder may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to the level of the role, as directed by the headteacher or line manager.
Maintain a clean, tidy, safe and welcoming reception area
- Ensure the front fire exit is clear at all times
- Ensure the staircase is safe and clear at all times
- Discourage staff and students from congregating in reception, particularly near the stairs
- Ensure any belongings left on the reception pegs are tidy and safe
Manage entry to, and egress from, the building
- Use the entry phone system to speak with any visitors before allowing access, and not grant access to anyone who does not have a prior appointment without clearing with SLT
- Ensure the front door is kept locked at all times
- Ensure that pupils, staff and visitors are signed in and out, and that their entry and exit times are recorded both on paper and on the online register
- Check the ID of visitors, issue them with a visitor badge and ensure they know the procedures in the event of an emergency
- Ensure that the visitors book and staff and pupil register are always available and are always used
- Ensure that the exact number of staff, students and visitors on site at any time is known
- Ensure that everyone entering and leaving the building sanitises hands and wears a mask (if not exempt)
Communicating with callers
- Communicate with all callers in a way that is in keeping with the values and ethos of SAFE
- Ensure that visitors are not kept waiting while non-urgent tasks are worked on
- Greet visitors, staff and pupils professionally and with a welcoming manner
- Answer telephones within an agreed time and with a respectful and professional manner
- Take messages for staff (where necessary) and communicate them immediately via email
- Ensure that classes in the front of the building are not disrupted, either by people walking through the room in which a class is being held, or by excess noise.
Health and safety
- Know how to respond in an emergency and how to secure assistance quickly
- Be clear about fire evacuation procedures and the processes for checking that all visitors are accounted for in case of fire or fire drill
- Assist the health and safety officer in undertaking weekly site and equipment inspections
- Be familiar with the diary for each day
- Be clear about how to call for a temporary replacement on reception so that it is not left unattended
- Manage the booking in and out of IT equipment, ensuring that laptops and chargers can all be accounted for, and are sanitised upon their return to the cupboard
- Sort and distribute post (only opening if appropriate)
- Send out post when required
- Answer queries from staff and pupils in a friendly and professional manner
- Print and laminate resources for staff if requested to do so
- Undertake other administrative duties (such as photocopying or filing) when required
- Have an understanding of the SEN of individual pupils and use this to inform communication with them